Tuesday, January 12, 2010

books, books, and more books...

I've been seriously binge reading today.
I finished Something Borrowed (my 4th book this year) which was not bad.
Its about a woman named Rachel who ends up falling in love with her best friend's fiance. Even though shes breaking some serious friend rules, you still end up rooting for her. It was kind of nice to get away from young adult fantasy books (why are young adult books so good still?) for a minute and read a nice adult (and girly) story.
I just purchased Something Blue which is apparently the next part written from the perspective of Rachel's best friend (if you can call her that anymore).




Tomorrow (so the ups tracker says) I get my barnes & noble order in the mail! Theres something seriously wonderful about opening a freshly delivered package!
Jonathan's mom gave me a $50 GC to b&n for christmas so I could get a nook book light (so I can stop using my sad little flashlight that has been dying for, like, a month) and a cover so I can put it in my purse and not worry about scratches.
These may seem like lame purchases but I'm pretty darn excited.
Maybe its more the opening a package thing.

So when I was searching for my books on google images, I stumbled upon this blog called: 
I guess its some woman "reviewing every book I've ever read".
It seemed right up my alley and at the very least it would maybe give me some ideas of new books to read or stay away from.
If you're a reader go check it out!


Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with my friend Earl.


♥♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love reading and will have to go and find those beauties! :D

    PS: Say hi to Earl for me. I love him too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was actually wondering about these two books. thank you for the review. i think i will actually go out ad purchase these books to read. i need a light easy read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading & I love Earl! Big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those books! They are so cute! I have another by the same author that is good if you would like to borrow it. Unless, you are above ACTUAL books now! baha

    You and all of your tea! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to be of service and I will give Earl all of your regards!

    And no, Alex, I am NOT above actual books now! I would like to borrow the other one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hey...I don't think I've posted on here yet, sorry (oh but I am a creeper and read daily)!! Well I too have been reading like crazy. 4 Books in the last 2 weeks...one doesn't really count...and old Dean Koontz, but two of the other ones have been Hunger Games and Catching Fire which I really really liked!!! Oh and yes I've read the two you just read/are reading before too..good reads!

    Oh and thanks for the Button!! Like a dork I left a comment thanking you on Zander's blog! Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, you can blog stalk me any day!

    I'm glad you liked The Hunger Games! We told you they were fantastic.. I have yet to hear anyone complain about them.

    Np on the button!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]