Sunday, January 24, 2010

the grass is always greener..

This morning I somehow ended up taking over the other side of the bed.
I don't know if you all know this, but the other side of the bed is far superior to your side.
The boyfriend tells me this is all in my head. That I just want it because I don't have it.
I'm pretty sure it's just because it's more comfortable.

When I woke up I felt so good and completely rested.. and happy to be on the desired side of the bed.
Boyfriend and I were chatting and snuggling happily.

That is when I got the call.

The call from my mother (who lives 3 hours away, mind you) saying that she is at the CVS in town buying some gum for her drive back home.
My crazy (and amazing) mother decided to drive 3 hours to my apartment on a Sunday morning, after her hour and a half bikram yoga class, to deliver the dutch oven she bought me.
My crazy mumsy. That is why we love her.

Needless to say, that is also why the manfriend doesn't love her.. at least at that moment.
She didn't technically tell us she was coming besides and alleged "facebook message".
(ok, her story checks out.. but I don't check my facebook that often!)
BUT
She also didn't just come over, she was calling first at least.
It really doesn't bother me too much that she just came up like that but the manfriend wants advance notice and a large chunk of time in between vists.. and she was here last weekend.
He's not a fan of parental visits in general, so he was pretty peeved.

But we ended up having a nice little time.
She came, dropped the dutch oven off (which is FREAKING heavy!) then the three of us went out to lunch before she left.

She also neglected to tell my dad she was driving up here so he was a little peeved at her too.
What can I say, my mom is a free spirit.
Always acting on a whim!

whim -noun 1. an odd or capricious notion or desire; a sudden or freakish fancy.
lol.^

My mother and her sudden freakish fancies..
 "We're just going to Verizon to look at the phones".
I came home with my first cell.
"We're just going to look at the puppies. We're not going to get one."

We walked in the door with Guster.
(who, incidently, my dad fell in love with immediately)
Could you have looked at that little face and not brought him home?
Besides you Alex.


In other matters, I have been feeling like changing my blog layout but I think I might have trouble parting with my little hooters.
I have grown fond of them.
Perhaps I will look into a new format later!


_____________________


I feel like making some rice krispy treats.
I've never made them before.
I need to look into it...


umm, that looks like diabetes on a plate.
and I want it in my belly.

9 comments:

  1. Um.. that diabetes looks amazing. How wrong does that sound? Ha!

    And your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not want my mom to just drop in. Not a good plan Stan.
    I would like her to buy me a Le Creuset dutch oven just not sure which beautiful color I would want. Pry green or blue or turquoise if they make it, it is the color of the year.
    What kind of phone did you get at Verizon?
    Cute Dog.
    I love Scotch-a-roos. They are the best kind of rice krispy treat. Try those first. Now I am craving them and they are not on my diet... going for a few dark choc. tiddbits to get me by.

    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be hard to give up your hooters.... I totes understand. You can bring them back another day.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, she doesn't drop by often at all. That was the first time I believe.
    She knows she shouldn't too because when my bf came out of the room shes like, "Shoot, I was hoping to be gone by the time you got up!" I think she just REALLY wanted me to have that dutch oven and couldn't resist. Its a nice yellow color btw.

    That phone was in high school so it was some ghetto, black and white screen one.. Which I had an orange faceplate on! Technology has come a longggg way!

    I'll have to try the Scotch-a-roos! Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whim is my new favorite word because of that definition!

    Make sure you have plenty of adult beverages stored in your fridge for manfriend the next time your mom pops in for a visit. It works like a charm for John.

    If you change your layout you will just have to sneak a cute little hooty owl somewhere on there for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh.. I'm so glad I came across your blog! You are so adorable! I love your blog! It's so fun to read! Keep writing! Now that I've read this post, I really really really want a Scoth-a-Roo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm I'm drooling over that last picture. Please make them and tell me how they are.

    I love laying on Vito's side of the bed when he's not in bed yet. It does feels different haha.

    I love the new hootie owl header!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I want them! I'm hungry now haha. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you make those...call me. The end.

    Oh, and #SookieNO...

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]