Friday, January 22, 2010

I am award winning!

I just got my first awards (yay!) from Vanessa over at Caramel Covered Photographs! I suggest moseying on over to her blog if you haven't been before! I think most of you HAVE though because you have discovered the awesomeness of her already. She is my nose bff and always leaves wonderful, kind comments on my posts.
Thank you very much for thinking of me Vanessa!



So these, apparently, are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated

Since I kind of technically got 2 awards (I think), I'm supposed to come up with 14 interesting facts about myself. I've never done anything like this before so I'm going to do it up right and make it to 14!

readysetGO!

1. I constantly dictionary.com words. Whenever I'm not completely positive about the spelling of some word, dictionary.com is my go-to. I hate spelling things wrong! When I do, I have a compelling urge to correct myself. Its a problem.

2. Since there seems to be a theme about this recently (me and Alex were discussing it on Tuesday and then apparently the mormon bachelor pad guys made a post about it the same day), I have seriously hairy arms. Dark hair. It's pretty terrible. I blame my being half Puerto Rican.
My boyfriend (of almost 3 years and whom I have lived with for almost 2 years) has never even seen them in their natural "state" because I shave them regularly now. but get this.. I didn't until HALFWAY through senior year of high school. What the F was I thinking? I was so ashamed and embarrassed of my arms for years but I was too afraid to shave because I always heard how it just makes it worse. uhhhhhno. Best decision of my life.
The end.
I completely agree with Calvin. Dark, plentiful arm hair is sick.
You can't judge until you have had to deal.


pretty much.

3. I have the most retarded eyebrows you will ever see. It almost seems like a bad joke since my arms are so hairy, but I have half eyebrows. They are normal to a point then they kind of die off.. They are totally lame and if I don't pluck them they are extremely terrible.
fml.

4. I ALWAYS wear socks at home. I think its a combination of me not liking the way the floor feels on my bare feet and the fact that I always have cold toes and fingers. My boyfriend thinks that I don't have good circulation or something. Whatever the reason, my feet and hands are always like little icicles. He squeals like a girl when I touch my toes to his legs in bed.
Truth.

5. I always have a black (sometimes brown) hair tie on my wrist. Unless my hair is up, then its on my head. The only time I EVER take it off is when I'm showering, and I immediately put it back on when I get out.
 Observe:






you get the idea.

6. I have never in my life colored my hair. That includes highlights and the like. I like my hair color. Its a nice light-ish brown and I have natural blonde streaks in the front. And who wants to deal with having to re-do their color constantly so your roots don't show? Who has the time and money for that sort of upkeep? Not I!
Natural girls represent!

7. I think my favorite color is pink. I have finally come to terms with this fact. When I was a kid I didn't like to be like everyone else. So when everyone loved blue and pink and purple, I loved yellow and green. Over the years I have come to realize that pink is my favorite color. I'm not proud. But it is the truth. If there is a color option for something (besides clothes) and I have to choose, my choice is almost always going to be pink. sigh.

8. Nail related injuries freak me the hell out. Even if its just a bent back nail, I get super grossed out and can't stand to look at it. Even if it's not even my bent back nail. Giiiiives me the shivers. Keep your freaky nail accidents away from me people!

9. I kind of hate water.. and being wet. Pretty much in all circumstances. I don't like to swim and I basically have a heart attack when someone dunks me or flops me around in the water. Ask Alex, she is witness to me getting dunked by my boyfriend. She was also witness to the death stare of betrayal that he got from me after. And to me evacuating the pool immediately after.

10. Sometimes, when I'm listening to music, I get an irresistable urge to write the lyrics down. I'm not sure why but you're likely to find some doodled lyrics or phrases on papers all over my desk. I like to do it in pretty, decorative writing and something I'll even color or decorate the page.
 Its a pretty strange compulsion.

11. I get sidetracked and lose my train of thought as easily as a 2 year old. I can be telling a story or saying something and the next second it will be gone. My brain isn't good at multi-tasking. Or just plain thinking sometimes..

12. I haven't thrown up in about 5 years. Throwing up is just about the worst feeling ever and the thought of it scares me. I cry every single time I do and it just feels miserable. I've gotten pretty fantastic at supressing nausea.

13. I'm scared of my parents dying and leaving me. I love my parents more than I think even they know and I can't imagine a world without them. A world without my mother to turn to, to take care of me, to tell me to trust in the Lord and that everything is going to be ok. I have spent countless nights crying about it which I know is utterly silly. Its selfish too, because I'm worried about me, not them. I know my mom isn't scared of dying.

14. You could probably call me a gamer girl. I appreciate a good computer game and have been known to dabble in a few (sometimes more than a few). Although I haven't been playing anything recently, I have a relatively long history of doing so. I also have always been embarrassed to admit to playing games because it's just nerdy and most people (particularily females) don't see the appeal. This is me coming out about it and not being ashamed!

This is me not apologizing for who I am.


So, I'm not that familiar with a lot of people yet since I've only been at this for like a month but I'm going to try to get some different people in on the action.
Sorry if I give you one and you've just done it or something!

Now for my nominations:

Phew, thats 7.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Me too.
    2. That photo slays me.
    3. I have never noticed but I will the next time I see you!
    4. You failed to mention the neon hue of every pair of socks you own.
    5. All the time. Always.
    6. Me either!
    7. Ick.
    8. With you. Like Jon-than's nail. Still sicks me out.
    9. Best death stare of my life.
    10. I did that...in high school.
    11. Bahaha. #SookieNo #lovecanal #WWLW
    12. Sicknast.
    13. I think we all feel that way.
    14. Finally. Congrats on coming out of the closet.

    Um. I heart you. Even though you did NOT give me an award. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww peach, thanks for the super sweet words! I'm glad I got the privilege to give you your first awards!!

    1. I use google to type in words when I'm not sure how to spell, then if it is wrong they'll suggest "Did you mean ______"? Why yes I did.
    2. I have dark arm hair and I just don't care. Is that bad? Probably. I don't want to shave it. I HATE shaving something serious so adding arms would not be cool. I embrace my ugly hairy arms. The end.
    4. I hate wearing socks around the house. I like my toes to be free. Vito squeals like a chick when I put my feet on him at night too. Oh well, he needs to suck it up.
    5. I always have a black one on unless my hair is up. They are good to play with when bored.
    7. I changed my fav color when I was 10 and Zac Hanson said his fav color was blue, so I changed to blue.. After I came to the realization that Zac wasn't coming to rescue me from normal life, Pink came back as my fav.
    9. Being dunked is the worse. I can't go under water without holding my nose so if someone dunks me, I freak out. I can't do anything that I don't feel I have immediate control to come up and breathe, it makes me feel like I'm drowning and I start to panic.
    10. You should see my school notes, doodled lyrics everywhere.
    11. Sometimes people think I'm ADD.. I have trouble keeping my attention.
    12. I'm at 15 years and going strong. I wouldn't be lying if I said I include in my prayers to never let me throw up...
    14. Games are awesome. The end.

    Loved this! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award! I just received this from Kat too but I have not done it yet. Does that mean I have to do 14 too? I have done a similar one so maybe I will link to it and then add more. That sounds like a plan!
    I love that you did 14. It has been so much fun getting to know you. Alex loves ya and I am glad we bloggers get to be a part of both of your lives.
    Also, thanks for offering up computer help!
    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]