Friday, February 19, 2010

I think I've lost my mind...

Let me explain.

Last year sometime, me and the manfriend were leaving the apartment to go somewhere and some lady had a box full of kittens that she was showing to some people.

They were really cute, as kittens tend to be, and I said, "OHHH I want one!!"

Manfriend responded with something along the lines of, "Hell no."

After which I informed him, "I don't even really like cats. I just want something to loveeee!"

he laughed.
And that was the end of that.

Then when I got back from my parents' house last week, we were sitting in the apartment and he said, "I've been thinking about getting you a kitten."

This was so weird of him to say because he is not an animal person at all.
My initial reaction was to be very surprised and think about how I don't even care for cats.
(I've always been a dog person.)

After spending more time thinking about it, I realized the reason I don't like cats is because I'm kind of scared of them.
I usually feel really uncomfortable around other peoples' cats.
I believe this is because I've never had one before and I don't know how to read them.

Then I thought, well, if I had my own cat since a kitten then I would know how to read it and its personality and I would love it, I'm sure.

and with that thought, my kitten craze started.

Needless to say, Jonathan is sorry he ever mentioned getting me one because I keep bothering him about it and talking about kittens.
I seriously spend large chunks of time reading about cats/kittens and looking up pictures.
Its a problem.


I just really want one now!
I have been doing serious amounts of research on them.
I even called the humane society in town and asked if they have 9-12 week old kittens and they dooo!
It's $25 for a kitten with all their shots and spayed/neutered.
How can you say no to that?
Its cheaper then a large pizza with a side of garlic twists.


All I have to do now is convince Jonathan that this isn't a terrible idea.. and get him to come look at them with me.
Its taking everything in me to not go look at them myself.


I realize that I am going crazy.
I've just completely talked myself into wanting one and I don't think theres any backing out.
Here's hoping Jonathan actually wants to get me one a little.
He said he had been thinking about it for a few months.


Anyway, give me input! 
And cat stories. 
And tell me if you think they are dumb and worthless or glorious pets.


Love me through it.

7 comments:

  1. We have discussed this. No cats Bastina. No cats. If you do get one and it gets fur on my clothes I will throw my wallet at it a la my brother!

    Haha...I kid, I kid...sort of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get one. This is coming from someone who has had good and bad experiences.

    I first got a black cat which my mom picked out and got for me. Seeing as she picked it out and brought her home, the cat immediately clung to her and is her baby. I've never personally had a problem with the cat but the damn thing hates every single other person alive.

    Anywho, a few years later my mom's friend had free kittens and I snatched up Zoe. This cat is the best cat ever and I would argue to the death for anyone to tell me different. She loves to cuddle, loves to be picked up, plays fetch, sits on command, never had any problem with the litter box even from the first day we brought her home, is friendly to everyone except my niece. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my furbaby.

    Moral of the story, find a good kitten and you'll be fine. Make sure you both pick it out and both give it attention so it loves both of you. Manfriend will come around. Vito didn't want Zoe, I called and told him I was bring her home and he was pissed (he's allergic to cats plus the only other cat experience he had was from previously mentioned cat that hates everyone and wants to kill Vito.) but the moment he saw her, he was putty and now loves that cat as much as I do.

    This is the longest comment ever. I hope you get a cute one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are awesome actually. I like them better than dogs, cause you have to train dogs. And other reasons...

    But cats are seriously awesome to have. Get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh thanks for the input you guys! It really does make me feel better about it. Hopefully Jonathan will come around because I really want one. It was him who brought it up after all. I'll keep you posted on the kitten front! Long comments make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cats are ADORABLE. PLEASE PLEASE do get one!! I will live vicariously through you, seeing as I'm allergic to the little suckers. Too bad, I still play with them! HA! :D

    PS- if you really love me, you'll get a hypoallergenic one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always had cats and I love them. My life would be sad with out my kitty Ava. She is kind of crazy and we play mean with one another, however I miss her when I'm not here. I love when she cuddles with me!

    Good luck, I hope you get a kitty!

    x, ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. cats...or should i say kittens are a delight when they are yours! but others cats kinda creep me out. we had a cat growing up, the coolest cat ever might i add, they are very smart and love their 'parents'. if you want one, if it makes you happy, DO IT!

    love your blog by the way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]