Wednesday, March 24, 2010

epic trip of epic proportion: day 1...

As some of you may have already read by now, AlexLaurenAshtonVanessa, and myself just got back from a fantastic San Francisco blogger date!
Thats right, I met these amazing ladies up close and personal.
We also had a little rendezvous with The Daughter (who was absolutely lovely as well) and needless to say, we had good times.

I don't even think I can begin to cover the whole trip in words so I will just do a 2 part picture tutorial.
You will probably be hearing this from all of us so try not to get sick of it.
They'll probably write more than me anyway.


AND WE BEGIN!


I now present to you:
 
The Epic San Francisco Trip of Epicness.
Day 1
DISCLAIMER: Ladies, you had a chance to veto these pictures!


So.. day 1 (I'm the stripey one)
Yeah, we didn't know where we were going.


What has this world come to that 3 out of 5 ladies could be standing on a street corner at 8 am on their smartphones looking at their GPS. 
Yeah, we didn't know where we were going and we had a breakfast date to keep.
We had to bring out the big guns.



I realize that I grew up in Cali and have probably been to San Fran a hundred times but I've never really roamed the streets freely, nor have I been there in 3 years.
So I wasn't all that much help.



Don't worry, we made it.






After breakfast, we took a stroll all through Chinatown.
We actually saw a car commercial being filmed, fog machine and all.
If you see a dark grey (and possibly a black) Mustang in Chinatown on a commercial, think of us.
We were totally there.
Word.


If you look realllly hard you can see the fog and the car about to bust through it for the commercial.




Yes, it's because of the bangs.


Creepy coconut head.
There was a girl face on one side and a boy face on the other.
Creepster.


The fail that was the Chinatown gate.
Lauren and Ashton were expecting some glorious, huge, red and gold thing.
They were sadly disappointed.


Luckily Ashton found some adorable shoes to buy nearby to ease the pain of disappointment.
Which was lucky because she was about to bust out her Sharp.


#Shankarella


After Chinatown, we took the first cable car of the trip and went down to Ghirardelli Square for an afternoon tea date we had.


We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather while we were there.
I was expecting it to be chilly the whole time we were there but it was beyond perfect.



This tea place was beyond adorable.
If you're going to San Fran, I suggest making a tea date.





Why yes, that is me looking awkward.
I think I was looking to see what Alex was taking a picture of.



(Ashton, Vanessa, Lauren)




Possibly the most epic picture ever.
Someone wasn't aware they were supposed to be posing for a picture.
Ashton, I can't help but laugh every time I see this.


After our teatime we were planning on going right back to the hotel for napsies pretty much but Ashton and Lauren decided to have an impromptu wine tasting.





They ended up joining the wine club while Alex, Vanessa, and I sat outside in the beautiful sun.


I can't speak for the others but I was pretty much about to pass out all day.
I hadn't slept all week and we got less than 4 hours the night before.


Random day 1 pics
I love this picture of Lauren and Alex.
Way cute.




Bahaha


That is basically-ish all of day 1 events that we have picture evidence of.
Believe me when I say day 2 was way more epic.
I'll post that in a day or two.


HOLLA!

10 comments:

  1. ummmmmm that picture of me at tea, biatccccccccch move. I totally veto'd that, but everyone else found it funny.

    Great recap, made me laugh all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photos. That last photo of yours made me laugh. Also, is Alexandria wearing Harry Potter glasses in the 3rd to last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I adore all of you girls and it somehow makes me feel overjoyed just seeing you all together. I love how friendships can form in so many ways and it looks like you all had a blast X 1,000. I am only a tiny bit jealous because I love San Fransisco. Can't wait to hear about day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you gals had such a great time can't wait to see part deux. I went there 2 years ago and fell in love too...I wish I had known about that sweet little tea house..next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Love this! Seriously, LOVE this! That pic from tea is my fav pic ever. Ashton's face makes me cry because I'm laughing so hard.

    Ohhh how I miss you all already!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I miss this trip. It was so much fun. I also want to shank you for the pic of me and you. Hi, Alex's ginormous forehead.

    I want to have tea again...and have Mommy Ashton threaten me with her sharp. #Shankarella

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! I love Mama's and my yummy french toast sampler, I love the picture of me and you at mama's. I also love Ashton's face in the tea picture bahahaha

    And I REALLY love how clearly bitter Ashton is that two people were taking a picture of me with the parasol. Picture-you know what :)

    And yes, it definitely IS because your bangs are separated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO amazing. NO JOKE. I so wish that I could be there... because you ladies look like you had the time of your life!!

    Call me next time. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the pics! I died with laughter like 10 times!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]