Thursday, April 15, 2010

hi friends...

Hello my homies!
Pardon my absence.

What, you ask, have I been doing instead of blogging?
Well, not only have I been knitting away but we just got a DVR and a free year subscription to Showtime so I have been watching all 3 seasons of The Tudors and everything that I have been recording (Modern Family, Parenthood, Project Runway, Real Housewives, etc).
I've always been bad about sitting down when a show is about to start.
I don't like to HAVE to watch TV at a certain time.
So now I don't! 
I watch it at my leisure.
DVR is a wonderful thing.

Speaking of which, children these days are so spoiled with electronic things. 
Every time I see a child out in public they have a Nintendo DS glued to to their nose as they magically manage to follow their parents through the store or down the street.


(Bahaha. Lightsaber stylus.)

A while ago Jonathan's niece was over watching Spongebob and when it went to commercial, she turned to use and asked us to fast forward.
Sadly we had to inform her that we could not oblige as we did not have a DVR.
Can you imagine being so used to the best electronic devices that you just assume thats just how stuff works?

I'm pretty young so I find it funny that I was actually old enough to remember the first ghetto computers where you had to go to the black screen and type in some crazy commend to start your program.

This was our AMAZING technology.

Can you imagine?
Remember having to rewind your VHS movies?
I remember when we got our first DVD player.
Look how far we've come!
Its really amazing.

Not much has really been going on with my life besides the whole getting-a-DVR thing.

I am officially (I think) not working for my dad because he decided that not only is he not busy enough, but if he does get busy enough he's going to use some scheduling place that does 24 hour service phone service for only like $99 a month.
I mean really that is a good deal I suppose.
It was a disappointment for sure but what can you do.
I had really been planning on having some income as well as some sort of purpose during the day.
I think its silly he bought the DROID for no reason but thats a whole other story.

I've also been kind of trying exercising in the apartment a few times a week as well as make smarter food choices and just to eat thoughtfully.
I would like to go run outside for even like 30 minutes a few days a week but I don't want to be alone and I have a fear of being swiped up off the street and stolen or being molested or something (I'm probably crazy but Jonathan doesn't want me to be out alone either) so I stay inside and try to do stuff.
 Jonathan is a failure and doesn't like to exert himself after working all day so he wont come with me.
And by "exert himself" I mean do anything at all that he doesn't want to (I'm rolling my eyes right now).

Anyway, I'm really trying to be more motivated to do my exercises but its hard to get myself to do it.
I'm really fine with my weight but in the last 2 years with zero physical activity and pretty much sitting in the apartment all day I have started to lose muscle tone and my stomach is getting, shall we say, not firm.
I think its a testament to my good metabolism that I am not a fat ass at this point.

My legs could do with a little working out too.
I am so weak its ridiculous. 
I can only handle like just under 15 seconds of a wall squat before I want to keel over and die.
Its bad man.

That is really all. 
I'll try to write more frequently.
It just seems like my life isn't as amusing as it was a few months ago.

P.S.-I hate my neighbors. I hope they all move.

♥lovesss

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, my niece has a DS and she loves it. It's sad if you ask me. Vito was showing her some computer programming game the other day that was old school and the first thing out of her mouth was "Is it still loading?" Yeah, spoiled.

    Sorry to hear you aren't going to be working for your dad. 8(

    Have you tried getting fitness dvds? Some of them are fun & will kick your ass.

    I miss you <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "in the last 2 years with zero physical activity and pretty much sitting in the apartment all day I have started to lose muscle tone and my stomach is getting, shall we say, not firm."
    = my life.
    haha, I couldn't have said it in better words

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]