Saturday, May 8, 2010

happiness...


Life is... good.

I'm sitting here with a cup of tea watching my kitten bat at a hair tie on my desk and smelling the spring air coming in through the window.
I just feel happy.

 and I am beyond happy to be able to open the windows during the day right now because all too soon its going to be unbearably hot here and we will be bunkered down inside with the AC full blast.

This month seems busy for me...
Its mother's day AND my boyfriend's niece's birthday tomorrow and I assume we'll be going over to his mom's,
Monday we have a meeting with the apartment manager just to resubmit some information, no big deal,
Tuesday my sister and her boyfriend are coming to visit and meet Jonesy, Friday or Saturday I have to drive an hour and a half to go get Jonesy's second set of vaccinations which were included in his adoption fee,
then I think I'll be going down to my parent's for my sister's birthday which is on the 19th,
then finally theres Alex's way-too-early-in-the-morning graduation ceremony and later her graduation party!

I'm sure you people with jobs and school and busy lives are rolling your eyes at what I consider a "busy" month but this is kind of a lot going on for me.
I live an extremely uneventful life... something that I am pretty content with.

 Anyway, I've just been knitting and TVing while the kitten sleeps on me. 
Here are a few things I've done since I last posted my knitting.
Because I'm sure you all are just DYING to see right?
Yeah, I didn't think so but here goes anyway!

First I did a little shrug for a 3 month old... I need someone in my life to have a baby girl so I can give it to them!

I actually only made one glove because I didn't like the fabric for gloves... its hard to tell but theres a diamond pattern on the back side.

I found this Catnip Bunny pattern from this blog, Coffee and Cream, and I immediately wanted to make some for my little guy.
I guess the woman from Coffee and Cream makes them in bulk and donates them to local cat shelters which I think is a cute idea. 
I'll probably end up doing making them when I'm bored and just doing that.
Theres supposed to be little felt tail sewn on the back but I don't have any felt right now so he is tail-less!

This was my first fair isle project (knitting with more than one color at a time) so I just chose this pattern as an easy practice.

and thats that.
I am currently working on some little cloth thing for my mom for mother's day.

I hope you all have/are having a great weekend!

(I totally started this post before noon and I am only posting it now at 8 pm... facepalm)

4 comments:

  1. The little shrug is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a knittin' fool and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book Hollywood Knits. It had a fun cover and neat ideas in it. I haven't knitted a damn thing. :)

    Love your stuff!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can actually feel that you are happy! Isn't it great when we can look at our lives and be happy with where we are!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]