Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I got my kitten happydayswoo!

It is May!

I'm just going to cut right to the chase....

I got a kitten!!


I meant to post this the day after I got him and ask you all to give me name ideas but I just haven't gotten around to it.
We ended up naming him Jonesy... full name: Dr. Jones.
Don't judge.
It was going to be Oliver but the bf didn't really like it and came up with Dr. Jones which I think is cute enough.
Yes, we do like Indiana Jones in case I left you with any question.

Here is the story!
Last Friday (April 30th), I was browsing craigslist for kittens, like usual, and I came across this one post for 3 kittens who were found at a dump in a SEALED box.
They just happened to be heard by a worker and taken to a rescue shelter.

People are just completely fucked up, btw, but that a whole other story.

I instantly fell in love with the picture of Jonesy (previously "Squirt").
I wanted him so bad that I wrote out my argument for Jonathan.
Operation "Get Squirt" was the official name.
Obvi.

So Jonathan came home for lunch and I showed him my paper and pleaded and told him how badly I wanted, nay, NEEDED him.
He said some of the following things:

"God, I don't want to drive an hour and a half to get him."

"This is such a bad idea, I don't want a cat."

"I don't know, I'll think about it."

"I don't want to pay $75 for a kitten, we can find one for free."

He left and I wasn't feeling too positive.
He hadn't given me an answer and I wanted to know so I could make an appointment to get him before he got adopted by someone.

Fast forward to 9:30 PM... the manfriend still wasn't home from work and he usually gets home a little after 7.
I called and he said he had a customer but he'd be home soon.
He came home shortly after and I was trying too not mention the kitten for a while so he wouldn't get mad then about 5 minutes later he said he had to close the car windows because it was going to rain tomorrow or something.
I was looking at stuff online and the TV was on so the mewing didn't register for a minute.

Basically my wonderful, loving, amazing, perfect, AMAZING boyfriend had taken off work early, found the craigslist ad, called and made an appointment to see him, and drove a total of 3 hour to surprise me with my perfect dream kitten.

I could not have been happier or more surprised.

He is so sweet and cuddly and playful and just perfect.
Better than I had hoped.
He snuggles with me all day and I certainly don't have a case of the lonelies anymore.
The best part is, Jonathan seems to really like him too and actually cuddles with him.
This picture made my life.

Jonesy's BIO
(Yes, this is really happening)
Name: Doctor Jones
Nickname: Jonesy
Age: about 9 weeks
Color: Orange tabby
Eye color: Slate (gray-green)
Favorite toys: crumpled up piece of paper, hair tie, empty Pepsi box, pens, paper towel roll, electrical cords (we're working on this one)
Personality: friendly, sweet,  cuddly, playful, curious
Favorite nap spot: Mommy's lap, chest, neck, arms
Most endearing trait: Pouncy face ( He gets this look in his eye right before he pounces towards my face. He doesn't actually hit my face or hurt/attack me!)

Excuse how man pictures I have. I have completely lost it for this little guy.
(pouncy face)

Yeah.. No more. I swear.
But I think it is clear that I love him.


... and  for the record, I typed this whole post with 1 hand because Jonesy is sleeping on my other arm.

6 comments:

  1. I am not a cat person...BUT I am in love with Jonesy!! How sweet is your manfriend??? The Bio is my favorite thing about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitten is SO cute!! I'm so glad I fould your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bastina. I fear you have lost your mind and are a crazy cat lady at the ripe ol' age of 21.

    All I can say is I hope he isn't super furry...because then I can't come over ever because I will be pissed when cat hair is all over my black clothes.

    I still think you should have named him Sookie. Yes. I am totes bitter about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jonesy is so so very cute and cuddly! how fun for you and your bf!! i love all the pictures and how curious he is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. Now I want a kitten!
    He is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Jonesy! I wish he could meet Zoe Princess, I'm sure they would be kitten bffs!! Yay for kitties!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]