Monday, September 20, 2010

I need more hands.

Hello there!

I have been so busy lately and I haven't had time (or ideas) to blog.
Don't get me wrong, I have been a home 80% of the time but I have been filling orders from my shop and creating new things for it.... combined with ironing, cleaning, cooking, and loving on my cat.

I've actually been having computer game and reading withdrawals since all I have been doing is knitting and crocheting. 
The nerd in me is dying while the domestic side of me is alive and well.

On top of stuff to make for my shop, I have a seemingly never ending list of items to knit/crochet for friends and family including but not limited to:

- knit dust mitt for my aunt
- crochet hat for my brother
- coffee cup cozies for my sister
- crochet Droid cozy for my sister-in-law (this one is actually in the making and almost done)
- knit scarf for my dad
- crochet Christmas gift for Alex
- possibly 2 knit baby hats for Jil's friend's twin girls if she likes them
- knit bee for emelie
- 14+ crochet creatures of some sort for the kids Alex works with
- something for Alex to take to the Lovely Lauren Leigh when she goes to visit (I need to know when that will be so I can get on that!)
- crochet a ninja turtle for my sister-in-law's little brother
- stockings for Christmas since we have none!
- a crochet teddy bear for the manfriend's niece

I'm sure I am forgetting some stuff but my head is going to explode if I try to come up with any more.
Top that off with the 105 things I want to make for the shop and there is just not enough time in the day!

I will leave you all with some pictures of what I have been creating lately.
Feel free to visit my etsy shop and buy some pretty sweet things! 
(and more pics of what I am about to post)

1. Heather grey iPod/iPhone cozy with red button

2. Tweed iPod/iPhone cozy with a felt owl

3. White baby beanie with handmade rosette (I have been in a rosette making craze!)

4. SUPER SOFT purple baby beanie with rosette. I am in love with this yarn and hat.

5. I know we have seen this one before but I customized the not-so-cowardly lion to have yarn eyes (instead of plastic) and movable legs and arms to make it safer and more fun for a newborn baby!
 I was pretty happy with how it turned out actually and I hope my customer was too!

I plan on a lot more iPod/iPhone cozies, baby hats and accessories, and cup cozies in my shop in the very near future!
As fast as I can knit and crochet them, really.

I wish a lovely day upon you all!
I am going to go drink my cup of tea and then head to the post office to ship the giveaway winner (aka KatOfDiamonds!) her Little Dragon. I hope you love it Kat!


OH! And if you love me and/or my knitting/crochet/Etsy shop, go like my Christina's Yarn Crafts Facebook fan page!


PS, my cat is cute.
Yes, he is inside the bag.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for making things for the kids! They will love it a lot. I will get all the info to you asap! I am flying out to see Lauren in December! So, by Dec. 8thish. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and you need more hands? Pretty much what she said.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I totally envy your kitty's napping place. *nods lots* Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you cat. I don't like cats...so that is saying something! I am loving all of your yarn creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the kitteh-in-the-bag pic! <3

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]