Friday, September 24, 2010

The monthly bill: What's your count?

I was reading Ivy's blog just now and she talked a little about PMS which, of course, sucks.
Sometimes it feels like we just cant catch a break.

Just when you're feeling good and recovered you get billed again.
There must be a mistake, I didn't order that.

Anyway, all this got me thinking about how most of us (my mom had a hysterectomy in her late 30s or early 40s) are going to have our periods for the majority of our life which means once a damn month! 
For a LOT of years!
Its very alarming to think about.
 I mean just ONE period is alarming, really... we are bleeding out of our lady business!

So on this thought track, I busted out my calculator and I want you all to do the same...
 I want your period count as of now!

How many have you had thus far in your life?
I want to hear from you all! Regular and irregular periods alike!

My number is 95That is a lot of tampons!
I'm guessing a lot of you can school me though since I am pretty young (22 next month!).


If I don't get at LEAST 10 comments I am going to be very disappointed and possibly delete my blog in a haze of depression.

Lets see those number ladies!
And it would be great hearing when/how you started your period if you have an amusing (or traumatic) story about it!

I remember mine well, Halloween night 8th grade...

9 comments:

  1. approx 134! holy cow. hopefully not any longer thank you mirena! :o) my best friend flo came in 7th grade gym class. gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is effing awesome. Bahaha.

    As of this afternoon my number is 131. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I LOVE this! Busted out the calculator.. my count is about 88. I had my first period in 8th grade, then didn't have one for 8 months- since then I've been billed regularly :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't the foggiest. I was really regular from when I started at 12 (morning before school and my mom was at work so I grabbed this monstrosity of a pad from some kit I got a couple years before in our "girl stuff" class) but when I got off of birth control it went nuts so the last 3 1/2 years are anyone's guess, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I have a baby bill. I started the month before 8th grade, and now am a senior... so my count is about 49.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God seriously...I'm an old hag for sure. My count is 205!! I was 13 when I got my first 'bill'...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't remember when I started my period=/
    Let's assume 12.5 heh... So 126ish and my 127th is late.
    Don't worry. No baby is in there.
    Unless God decided I am to be the next, umm.. not-a-virgin-just-single Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. somewhere around the 200s
    [you are not alone Jil!]...I have skipped afew and doubled up on some months. I was not even 12 yet...and no one {not my 2 older sisters or my Mama}had mentioned this period/cycle business to me and I basically thought I was dying. It was summertime so at least I was home and not in school. Praise be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, I'm at 288... ugh.
    You haven't blogged in a LONG time.
    I have a fun creative and giving post for you to do.
    I'm doing a pay it forward over at my blog.... if you do it too, I will be sending you more coffee!!

    Love ya
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]