Thursday, September 2, 2010

random thoughts

¡Feliz Septiembre!

I was just thinking about how much I hate my current bedroom and it got me thinking about my future bedroom.

Our room right now is too small for 2 people and currently one side, aka my side *turns to glare at Jonathan*, of our queen bed is against the wall which not only means I have to CLIMB over the manfriend to get out of bed every morning, but I have no bedside table to put stuff on or have a lamp for my night-time reading/knitting.

It is the pits.

Besides a nice centered bed with 2 bedside tables and lamps and whatnot, my bedroom of the future WILL consist of these 2 important things:

An alcove with a window seat
How perfect that this picture has knitting needles in it? Its like its calling to me
If I buy a house that does not have one I am putting on of those suckers in, mark my words.
It actually doesn't have to be in the bedroom.
I'll let that detail slide.

A vanity
I have always wanted a vanity.
I do my makeup over the coffee table...


In nook news, I just got the following ebooks last night and a reading extravaganza is imminent.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Burned by P.C Cast & Kristin Cast

This series is so lame but I could NOT stop reading them. Its like crack... you know its bad but you just keep doing it!

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I have obviously read this before, multiple times, but I finally own it! I think this calls for a celebratory hunger games re-read!

The whole "millenium" series by Stieg Larsson:
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,
The Girl Who Played With Fire,
The Girl WHo Kicked The Hornet's Nest

I now own all the Harry Potter books on my nook!
Just in time because my books are starting to fall apart at the bindings.

Now I can return them to my mother from whom I stole them in the first place!

The Lord of the Rings + The Hobbit and The Children of Hurin (which I haven't read before)

I also own these in paperback BUT I want to get everything on my nook.
If you haven't realized already, it has to be pretty clear to you now that I am straight up nerd.

I am not ashamed! 
The Lord of the Rings books are great as is the Hobbit.
My mother used to read them every year since she was a teenager and she has passed down her love to me.

I have also had these for a while...
The Sookie Stackhouse series.
I have been reading them slowly and actually just finished the first one last week or so. 
I'm currently reading the second one but I might detour to one of the new books before I continue.

Sookeh.

#SookieNO

Don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE! It ends tomorrow, aka Friday, at 11:59 pm!

7 comments:

  1. I want to go get Clockwork Angel, I've just had too many other things going on. Linger was lame, I was really disappointed.

    You need a vanity! I have a little vanity and I absolutely love it. I will also need one of those alcoves in my future house. It's the perfect spot to snuggle up and read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so upset! I just wrote a novel long comment and it's gone :( Basically, I said that I have Dead Until Dark on reserve at the library and can't wait to read it. I have The Hobbit and want to read it and the Lord of the Rings series since I haven't seen the movies but know I'd love them. I don't know whether to read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or watch the movie; I meant to rent it a week or so ago then didn't. I just picked up two books from the library today; Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea and Thirteen Reasons Why. I'm a book nerd too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when that happens! The sookie stackhouse books are not bad. I watched true blood before I read the books so its interesting seeing the differences. Normally I'm just pissed off that they changed stuff when I read the book first. I love LOTR books and the hobbit a lot... you should read them sometime! Let me know how those 2 books are. Maybe I'll have to add them to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't those PC Cast + Kristin Cast books terrible.. and terribly addicting?! I can't stop reading them.
    I really want to get Clockwork Angel. And I've been wanting to read Shiver for a while.. is Linger the sequel or something? I always see them paired together at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a window seat something fierce when I own a house. Somewhere to curl up with a book and my cat. Perfection.

    I can't wait to read Clockwork Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog! We seem to have the same reading taste - I just bought Shiver last night (almost bought Clockwork Angel) and then the husband ran out and bought me City of Bones. I'm really interested in the "millenium" series - I'll have to put them on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello September. (I am totally jel of your calendar).

    I would kill for an alcove with a window seat. I've always wanted one. Looks like it would be the perfect place to read.

    Hey and HoN isn't terrible... it only recently got that way. Burned has a couple pop references that just feel pushed. The Glee reference? Really? It just felt awkward. I think I've fallen out of love since Tempted to be honest.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day :]